[yocto] something like kernel configuration fragments for device tree?

Daniel. danielhilst at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 13:07:56 PDT 2016

Hi Robert,

I know that Raspberry Pi has "Device Tree Overlays", for other
platforms I don't know if that is possible. If you're using Pi you may
add DT Overlays by patching,
take a look at https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/configuration/device-tree.md
$ Part 2: Device Tree overlays. I think that this is applied by
Pi's boot loader, but I have no ideia if u-boot supports such thing,

Regards, and good luck
- dhs

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if there is something like kernel config fragments also
> available for device trees from the YP.
>
> It would be convenient, since kernel configuration and device tree might be
> related in some cases.
>
> Regards,
>
> Robert

"Do or do not. There is no try"