[yocto] Issues toaster and devtool together

David Winn dwinn at trellisware.com
Tue Apr 12 13:23:43 PDT 2016

Hello,
I was recently part of the Yocto Dev Day event, and learned a lot of good tools for working with OE. I then got home and wanted to fold many of them into our development process. Unfortunately I've hit a problem; toaster and devtool don't seem to run in the same working copy.

Here's what I'm doing:
> git clone ...poky poky
> cd poky
> git checkout jethro
> source oe-init-build-env
> source toaster start
> devtool modify -x which scratch/which
ERROR: Only one copy of bitbake should be run against a build directory

My intent was to use devtool to do my development and then use toaster to browse what happened in the working copy. Is this working for anyone else? Any tips to fix the error above?

Thanks,
David