[yocto] Python do_install fails on QEMUX86-64 and corei7-64 under Debian 8.0.3 isolated station

Ronald Oakes ronaldo at brc2.com
Tue Apr 5 09:37:07 PDT 2016

When I try to build either emulated or real 64 bit distributions on an
isolated system running Debian 8.0.3 (using BB_NO_NETWORK = "1"),
utilizing a downloads directory copied from a system running Centos
7.2.1511, I get a failure in the do_install step for Python.

I plan on recopying Python.tar.xz onto my isolated station and trying
again.  But, if this doesn't resolve the problem are there any
suggestions?

For what it is worth, we're probably going to be moving to newer, but
still isolated, build stations shortly.  These new stations will be
running RedHat instead of Debian if that might make a difference.

Thank You
  Ron Oakes