[yocto] [meta-raspberrypi] Adding more screens / PiTFT support.

Petter Mabäcker petter at technux.se
Mon Apr 4 08:09:03 PDT 2016

> Hi,
>
> I would like to
add PiTFT support to the meta-raspberry layer. Or at least I would like
to add it in my own BSP layer.

> I read that Peter were playing with
that recently. Could you please give me some hints to do so?

have at least two more screens to integrate.

> If someone could
point me to an example of a BSP based on meta-raspberrypi that would be
awesome.

> Thanks in advance,
>
> Best Regards
>
> JULIEN
GUEYTAT

> INGÉNIEUR INFORMATIQUE
>
> 1027, avenue du Docteur
Julien Lefebre BP27

> 06271 Villeneuve-Loubet Cedex
>
> Fixe : +33
(0) 492 024 545

Email : j.gueytat at cdssoft.studiel.fr

> www : www.studiel.fr [1]
>

> PPENSEZ ENVIRONNEMENT, IMPRIMEZ SEULEMENT SI NÉCESSAIRE

Hi Julien,

After some discussions with the community, we decided that the
official meta-raspberrypi pitft support should be added using
MACHINE_FEATURES. If you look in README for meta-raspberrypi there are
some basic description about how to enable support:

For a already
supported pitft model (pitft22 is supported and 28r is on it's way
https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/yocto/2016-March/029284.html),
you can just add below MACHINE_FEATURES to local.conf:

MACHINE_FEATURES += "pitft pitft22"

In order to add support for
additional models you can use
https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/yocto/2016-March/029284.html as
a reference.
 Basically what you need are to:

* add the overlay for
the screen

* Add dtoverlay option with wanted default arguments in
rpi-config_git.bb

* Add a default calibration (if needed)

Assuming
an overlay exists for your model, it shouldn't be so tricky to fix the
rest..

BR Petter

Petter Mabäcker

Technux