[yocto] How to enforce installation of image specific config file/package

Isak Lichtenstein Isak.Lichtenstein at kistler.com
Fri Apr 1 02:34:52 PDT 2016

Hi,

I've got a package "A" that has a runtime dependency to a configuration file. This configuration file is image specific. For each image I've got a specific configuration package "config-image-X" that installs this needed configuration file and I build multiple image in the same build directory.
How can I enforce that each image containing package "A" also installs an image specific configuration package?
I've tried with virtual providers, but then at the second image it always tried to install the virtual provider from the first image as well, which leads to the following failure during the rootfs task:

check_data_file_clashes: Package config-image-1 wants to install file /home/root/build/build_dev/tmp/work/poky-linux-gnueabi/core-image-test/1.0-r0/rootfs/usr/bin/config
	But that file is already provided by package  * config-image-2

I'm using yocto jethro.

Best regards

Isak