[yocto] Easy tracking of dependencies

Gilles CARRY gilles.carry at st.com
Tue Sep 22 06:11:03 PDT 2015

Hello,

I'm facing many cases in which bitbake spuriously rebuilds too many (all?) components despite the shared state cache. I'm not detailing these cases as I know it just a matter of variables and new tasks we added in our build process.
My concern is about how I can track these dependencies when the spurious rebuilds occur. I have done this in the past and used commands or log files explaining what caused the rebuild of such or such component. Unfortunately, I just can't remember what it was. (my fault)

Does Yocto provide a way to track these dependencies? (ie. This task was triggered because this variable changed)
Sorry if this question has already been asked but I'm failing to find the answer from the Yocto doc or from the web.

Thanks.
Gilles.