[yocto] [meta-qt5] Missing qt5declarative rootfs

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 06:18:17 PDT 2015

On Wed, Sep 02, 2015 at 10:04:19AM -0300, Caio wrote:
> I had the same dependency error.
>
> Collected errors:
>  * satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for
> packagegroup-qt5:
>  *     qtquickcontrols-plugins *     qtquickcontrols *
>  * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package packagegroup-qt5.
>
> ERROR: Function failed: do_rootfs
> ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in:
> /home/icchw/fsl-community-bsp/toradex_colibri_imx6/tmp/work/colibri_imx6-poky-linux-gnueabi/core-image-minimal/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_rootfs.2872
> ERROR: Task 7
> (/home/icchw/fsl-community-bsp/sources/poky/meta/recipes-core/images/
> core-image-minimal.bb, do_rootfs) failed with exit code '1'

And fixing that by creating empty packages is the worst thing you can do..

qtquickcontrols is probably empty because you didn't enable right
PACKAGECONFIG options for qtbase (accessiblity), see README and
qtbase_git.bb

> Which option is better to add Qt5 packages? Create a package group or add
> the packages in the Image recipe?

It doesn't matter, packagegroup is better if you want to group all qt5
related packages together and/or reuse the same packagegroup from
various images.