[yocto] kernel defconfig configuration

Edward Wingate edwingate8 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 21:46:00 PDT 2015

On Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 1:03 AM, Paul Eggleton
<paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com> wrote:
> Kernel modules are packaged separately and typically not included in the image
> by default; if you wish to include them you have two choices:
>
> 1) Install the kernel-module-<modulename> package(s) individually for the
> module(s) you wish to use
>
> 2) Install the kernel-modules package to bring in all packages for modules you
> enabled in the kernel configuration.

Thanks Paul,

"kernel-modules" worked to include all the modules. But I also figured
out I was using "kernel-module-ftdi_sio" instead of the correct
"kernel-module-ftdi-sio" (and because I was using
MACHINE_ESSENTIAL_EXTRA_RRECOMMENDS, it didn't complain.)

Now to go back to the original problem of why my defconfig is being overridden.