[yocto] kernel defconfig configuration

Daniel. danielhilst at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 09:29:08 PDT 2015

I *guess* that "make oldconfig" is doing this. I can't find any
".config.old" mention on any "*.bb*" file for fido release of poky, but...

I've used .bbappend for kernel recipes, selecting custom modules based on
MACHINE and they worked fine... Can you share poky release and the .bbapend
file?

> I created a linux-wandboard_3.14.28.bbappend that just specifies a new
> defconfig.  I see my defconfig being used to generate a .config.  But
> then something renames .config to .config.old and replaces it with
> another .config that no longer has the configurations I want.  I can't
> find what is doing the override.  This is the run.do_configure:
> http://pastebin.com/zPfuSwTV.  Can anyone suggest where to look next?
> Thanks for any help.

*"Do or do not. There is no try"*
  *Yoda Master*