[yocto] Package inclusion

Carlos Sánchez de La Lama csanchezdll at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 00:38:56 PDT 2015

Hi Paul,

>> I have some doubts on how package inclusion in images is determined. For
>> example, when building core-image-base, I would say that both
>>
>> kernel-module-uvesafb
>> kernel-module-input
>>
>> are recommended (through RRECOMENDS in packagegroup-base).
>
> I don't see a reference to kernel-module-uvesafb in packagegroup-base.

You are right, my bad. I was examining several cases and I used the
wrong one when writing the mail. I should have said

kernel-module-nls-utf8 (which goes into the image)
kernel-module-input (which does not make it to the image)

and both appear in RRECOMENDS_packagegroup-base.

> If you would like to analyse the package dependency tree for an image one way
> that works is to use buildhistory:

I checked the buildhistory (nice report, BTW), and I see

"packagegroup-base" -> "kernel-module-nls-utf8" [style=dotted];

but not a trace of kernel-module-input. I do not understand why -input
gets a differnt handling than -nls-utf8. My guess is it gets excluded
somehow, but I have not found why/where.

Thanks!

Carlos

--
'La vie est une longue chute, Marcus. Le plus important est de savoir tomber.'

Joël Dicker, "La Vérité sur l'affaire Harry Quebert" (2012)