[yocto] Package inclusion

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Fri Oct 16 00:10:02 PDT 2015

On Thursday 15 October 2015 18:03:13 Carlos Sánchez de La Lama wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have some doubts on how package inclusion in images is determined. For
> example, when building core-image-base, I would say that both
>
> kernel-module-uvesafb
> kernel-module-input
>
> are recommended (through RRECOMENDS in packagegroup-base).
>
> However, -uvesafb makes it to the final image, whereas -input does not.

I don't see a reference to kernel-module-uvesafb in packagegroup-base.

> I double-checked on the running system under QEMU *and* reading the
> image manifest at
> tmp/deploy/images/qemux86/core-image-base-qemux86.manifest
>
> I must be missing something. Can someone give me a pointer?

If you would like to analyse the package dependency tree for an image one way
that works is to use buildhistory:

http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/ref-manual/ref-manual.html#maintaining-build-output-quality

Among other things this will give you a .dot dependency graph file (for which
I can recommend xdot.py as a viewer).

Cheers,
Paul

--