[yocto] Copying the kernel in the poky directory

Deepika Teriar deepteriar at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 23:39:41 PST 2015

Hi

I am customizing yocto for beaglebone black
I do not want my kernel to get downloaded from the git after I clean the
build directory. So i have kept the linux-kernel directory with the name
kernel-3.14.29 in the poky directory.
And in the linux-yocto_3.14.bb file i have changed SRC_URI *from:*

SRC_URI = "git://
git.yoctoproject.org/linux-yocto-3.14.git;bareclone=1;branch=${KBRANCH},${KMETA};name=machine,meta
"

*to :*

SRC_URI = "file://${COREBASE}/kernel-3.14.29"

On compiling core-image-minimal I am getting the following error

*ERROR: ExpansionError during parsing
/home/deepika/bbb/poky/meta/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-yocto_3.14.bb
<http://linux-yocto_3.14.bb>: Failure expanding variable do_patch:
ExpansionError: Failure expanding variable SRCPV, expression was
${@bb.fetch2.get_srcrev(d)} which triggered exception FetchError: Fetcher
failure: SRCREV was used yet no valid SCM was found in SRC_URI*
Can any one tell me the error?

Thanks
Deepika