[yocto] i.MX6DL Qt5.5 Image

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Mon Nov 23 19:33:26 PST 2015

On Mon, 2015-11-23 at 14:28 -0800, Charles Chau wrote:
> I have meta-fsl-arm, meta-fsl-arm-extra, and meta-fsl-demos.  I checked
> and it has fsl-alsa-plugin as well as alsa-plugin.
>
> I tried to delete the recipes-multimedia in meta-fsl-arm, and it fails
> during compile.
> What should I do?

Deleting everything in recipes-multimedia seems overkill if the only
problem was that the meta-fsl-* layers had an alsa-plugins recipe that
overrode the Poky version.

Regarding the compilation failure, it's hard to say anything without
knowing the exact error.

By the way, the layer search engine didn't find alsa-plugins in the
meta-fsl-* repos:
http://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/branch/master/recipes/?q=alsa-plugins

Only fsl-alsa-plugins was found, which is a different thing. This makes
me doubt a bit your statement that the meta-fsl-* layers would contain
an alsa-plugins recipe, but maybe you have your recipes from some
repository that isn't known to the search engine... I'm not personally
familiar with any of the fsl repos.

> --------
> I have narrow down to only bitbake qtbase  (Jethro branch)

I don't understand what you mean by this.

> and still get
> the libgl-mesa-dev dependencies error.  How do I add the library Package
> into Yocto? Is it already there? I just don't know how to use it.
>
> Seems like I am missing a bunch:  libgles3-mx6-dev, imx-gpu-viv-dev,
> libclc-mx6, libgl-mesa-dev...
>
>      ERROR: Nothing RPROVIDES 'libgl-mesa-dev' (but
> /mountdata/hio-yocto-bsp/sources/meta-fsl-arm/recipes-
> graphics/imx-gpu-viv/imx-gpu-viv_5.0.11.p7.1-hfp.bb RDEPENDS on or
> otherwise requires it)

meta/recipes-graphics/mesa/mesa.inc from Poky contains the libgl-mesa-
dev package definition. I don't know what the problem might be.

-- Tanu