[yocto] %pre scriptlet failed in Guestfish

Mark Hatle mark.hatle at windriver.com
Mon Nov 23 06:28:21 PST 2015

On 11/23/15 6:39 AM, Alexandre Freire da Silva Osorio wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Running an image built with Yocto 1.8 in Guestfish I get the following error when trying to install a RPM package:

I don't know what Guestfish is.  But in these cases, the best way to handle it
is to us 'rpm -q --scriptlets <package>'

And then run the commands manually, in the same environment as RPM would run in,
to verify failure modes.

> sh "cd /home/root; rpm -ivh --nodeps package.rpm"
> libguestfs: trace: sh "cd /home/root; rpm -ivh --nodeps package.rpm"
> guestfsd: error: error:   install: %pre scriptlet failed (2), skipping package.x86_64
> libguestfs: trace: sh = NULL (error)
> libguestfs: error: sh: error:   install: %pre scriptlet failed (2), skipping package.x86_64
>
> This error doesn't occur ehqne running the same image in QEMU. Please could anyone give me a help?

The error above -appears- to indicate it tried to the 'sh', but there was no
'sh' in your environment.

--Mark