[yocto] %pre scriptlet failed in Guestfish

Alexandre Freire da Silva Osorio alexandre.osorio at eldorado.org.br
Mon Nov 23 04:39:41 PST 2015

Hello,

Running an image built with Yocto 1.8 in Guestfish I get the following error when trying to install a RPM package:

sh "cd /home/root; rpm -ivh --nodeps package.rpm"
libguestfs: trace: sh "cd /home/root; rpm -ivh --nodeps package.rpm"
guestfsd: error: error:   install: %pre scriptlet failed (2), skipping package.x86_64
libguestfs: trace: sh = NULL (error)
libguestfs: error: sh: error:   install: %pre scriptlet failed (2), skipping package.x86_64

This error doesn't occur ehqne running the same image in QEMU. Please could anyone give me a help?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Alexandre