[yocto] [dizzy branch] License list fails with rpm with package shared between two arch

scerveau scerveau at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 02:02:50 PST 2015

Dear all,

I'm having a machine A and a machine B.

This two machines are built against the same image class and in the same
build folder.

But on machine A there is a recipe LAMBDA which is not include in
machine B.
The package LAMBDA is shared in the same folder
cortexa9hf_vfp_neon....(Machine A and B use the same imx arch)

If i build machine A(everything is ok) and then machine B, during the
last recipe execution image rootfs of machine B, a list of package is
performed to build the license list with this missing package which
finally fails saying that license folder does not exist. I guess the rpm
package list  performed in poky/lib/oe/package_manager.py is not correct
and should be done according to the image instead of the list of files
in the folder cortexa9hf_vfp_neon.

I found a hack by putting my recipe LAMBDA dependent to my machine so
the package is not in cortexa9hf_vfp_neon anymore.

If someone could help me on this issue, it would be very nice because i
guess there is something wrong in yocto base tools.

BR.

Stephane