[yocto] [meta-raspberrypi] Missing config.txt in rpi-basic-image.bb

Andrei Gherzan andrei at gherzan.ro
Sun Nov 1 10:17:17 PST 2015

Hi,

On Sun, Nov 1, 2015 at 4:41 PM, Khem Raj <raj.khem at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 1, 2015 at 5:41 AM, Chaitanya Dhere
> <dherechaitanya at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>               I am working on rpi-basic-image. After flashing this
>> image, raspberry pi 2 boots up fine. But I'm unable to locate
>> config.txt under /boot directory. I want to put :
>>
>> dtparam=i2c1=on
>
> just create one and see what happens.

Indeed that's definitely one way to do it.

But I'm wondering how is this possible? The image type class dumps the
entire bootfiles directory in the first partition. And the rpi
bootfiles depend on this txt configuration file which gets deployed in
the same directory. So I'm really confused by this behavior. Anyway, I
just ran a new build and baked basic image which, in my setup,
includes the configuration txt file. Are you sure that the file is not
deployed? Did you check
tmp/deploy/images/raspberrypi2/bcm2835-bootfiles? What files do you
have there? As well what revisions of meta-raspberrypi are you on?

Regards,
Andrei