[yocto] Question on building out-of-tree modules on the target

Trevor Woerner twoerner at gmail.com
Fri May 29 12:21:04 PDT 2015

Hi Scott,

On 05/18/15 10:42, Rifenbark, Scott M wrote:
> I have a section in the YP Linux Kernel Development Manual that talks about building out-of-tree-modules on the target -

Interestingly enough, I was just reading through that document the other
day. As soon as I saw a section titled "Building Out-Of-Tree Modules _On
The Target_" I thought to myself "why would anyone be doing development
on the target and not the host?" and skipped to the next section.

If it were me, I'd just remove that section altogether. I'm of the
opinion that doing development work on the target is wrong (if for no
other reason than to prove your cross-development setup is working
correctly), but that's just me.

;-)