[yocto] armv7 firmware recipe in armv8 distro

Mike Looijmans mike.looijmans at topic.nl
Wed May 27 22:24:52 PDT 2015

On 27-05-15 21:19, Joel (Xi Zhou) Zhou wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We have a Yocto BSP based on arm64/aarch64 machine.
>
> On top of this, I need to create a firmware recipe, which need armv7
> cross-compiler.
>
> So question is, how to support multiple toolchain in Yocto?

Yocto/OE doesn't support multiple "machines" in a single build.

You'll have to create a separate yocto build (can use the same environment
though) by setting MACHINE to your armv7 firmware system and then placing the
output somewhere ("deploy" task). Then make a recipe for the arm64 machine
that picks up this output and packs it for deployment on target, like other
firmware blobs.

I think eventually we'll see "composite" machine support in OE, I guess, but
for now, I have no clue as to how this would work, otherwise I'd have
submitted a patch implementing it already.