[yocto] Using smart within an SDK

Randy Witt randy.e.witt at linux.intel.com
Tue May 26 15:18:48 PDT 2015

On 05/22/2015 03:24 PM, Ash Charles wrote:
> On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 10:13 PM,  <randy.e.witt at linux.intel.com> wrote:
>> The idea is that an sdk will comprise of a manifest(contains list of
>> sstate items in the sdk) and some location that contains the items in the
>> manifest. So to update the sdk you would run a command and give it the
>> location of the manifest and sstate, and it would make your sdk match what
>> is in the manifest.
>>
>> So the sstate could be hosted on a webserver, nfs, locally, etc.
> Thanks Randy.
>
> I stepped through the process of making an extensible SDK based on my
> image.  Is the conf/locked-sigs.inc file the manifest you mentioned?

Yes, that is the one.

> Unfortunately, devtool is failing for me ("ImportError: No module
> named site"...looks like the SDK is missing a python library?) but it
> is great to at least be able to build it and get a sense of the
> contents.

Did you source the environment-setup script? If so, what distro were you using?

> I'm uploading my sstate to a server so theoretically updating would be
> a process of grabbing items from this server cache into the
> 'sstate-cache' directory within the SDK?  If I needed a new package
> not originally included in the SDK, I would do something like devtool
> get opencv-dev?

We were thinking it wouldn't be so granular Basically it would end up matching
everything in a manifest rather than asking for one particular package. So it
would look more like "devtool publish-sdk location", followed by users being
able to then update to whatever "sdk's" exist at that location.