[yocto] How to enable php5 (php_5.5.24.bb) support for postgresql

Sat May 23 02:12:22 PDT 2015

Hello Paul,

after looking at the config.log that I sent you I realized that all "unsafe
for cross-compilation" message occur because the recipe tries to link
against my local installation of postgresql-server-dev-9.3 and libpq-dev
lying in /usr/lib. Consider the following line:

"skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libpq.so when searching for -lpq"

The recipe is doing right to skip the library, because I am using Ubuntu
64bit. Therefore my local installations of postgresql-server-dev-9.3 and
libpq-dev are 64 bit versions. So yesterday evening/night I did the
following:

- I installed a virtual machine Ubuntu 32 bit
- I downloaded the latest linux sources (edison-src-ww18-15-1.tgz)
- I added the meta-openembbed layer (daisy branch)
- I removed the php recipe from the daisy branch and replaced it by the
latest from the master branch
- I added PACKAGECONFIG_pn-php = "mysql sqlite3 pgsql" in local.conf
- I added my own layer
- I built the image

Result: Everything builds fine from scratch beside the php recipe. I
appended the latest config.log. As you can see some dependencies are
missing resulting in linker errors and I still get the "unsafe for
cross-compilation" error.

Is the approach of the recipe correct (linking against local packages?).
What is your system configuration? Do you have any ideas or do you know a
person who might help?

best regards

Philipp