[yocto] How to enable php5 (php_5.5.24.bb) support for postgresql

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Fri May 22 09:49:02 PDT 2015

On Friday 22 May 2015 16:40:15 yocto yocto wrote:
> Hello Paul,
>
> "build" does not exist. I attached the config.log from the following folder:
>
> /development/edison-src/build/tmp/work/core2-32-poky-linux/php/5.5.24-r0/php
> -5.5.24

Ah right, of course, in daisy we didn't use a separate build dir, I had
forgotten.

> When you search for "unsafe" or "postgresql" you will see warnings and
> errors. E.g. the following:
>
> /home/kse/development/edison-src/build/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/libexec
> /core2-32-poky-linux/gcc/i586-poky-linux/4.8.2/ld: warning: library search
> path "/usr/lib" is unsafe for cross-compilation
>
> According to
> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.embedded.yocto.general/4859 this
> seems to generate the " autoconf log indicates errors" message. But I dont
> know how to proceed?

Hmm, so this is very strange - I just switched to the daisy branch, copied in
the php recipe from meta-oe master, set the config (in my case I simply set the
PACKAGECONFIG_pn-php = "mysql sqlite3 pgsql" in local.conf, which should be
pretty much equivalent to what you did), and built it, and I didn't get any
errors at all. It's possible the issue may be triggered by something you have
installed on your build host however (not that it should, it shouldn't be
looking at the host at all - that's the source of this problem). Did you copy
in any other recipes from master or just php?

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton