[yocto] Adding machine in own layer with the same name as machine in different layer

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Wed May 20 12:13:53 PDT 2015

> On May 20, 2015, at 5:35 AM, Marcin Krzemiński <mar.krzeminski at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I have my own layer and I want to add machine named qemuarm to use runqemu scrips ac close as possible original scripts from poky. When I try to build this machine it seems that recipes from qemuarm are used. Is it possible to do it or should I use different name?

you should define a new name for your machine. may be include the original qemuarm policies in there. But be aware that adding a new
machine would require lot more maintenance on your part. So to set your expectation right, its not as simple as adding machine config, the whole BSP piece is open at that point.