[yocto] recipe removing (some)contents of /etc

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Thu May 14 15:01:55 PDT 2015

On 2015-05-14 15:36, Oliver wrote:

>> What image are you building?
>
> it is a Freescale iMX6 target, the image name is exactly a fsl-image-qt5 with a playground layer
>
>>> You should probably use this line instead
>>>     CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL = "canlogger"
>
>>> There is CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL though which you can add to with += (since
>>> there aren't any default items in it, unlike IMAGE_INSTALL).
>

> My understanding these are the preferred options

> But would this still do? (just for my self-learning)

The recommended way is to use CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL.
Why would you want to use some other method which might not work?

> I have other recipes(not *.bbappend) which end up in the image without adding any explicit statement, just the fact of being part of the layer includes them, is there any explanation?

Something must cause them to be included, either explicitly or implicitly.

What package(s) in particular are you asking about?

You can find out why recipes are included, etc, by looking at
the output from bitbake.  Try this:
   % bitbake fsl-image-qt5 -g -u depexp

This will bring up a "dependency explorer" where you can see what
depends on what (directly at build time or implicitly at runtime).