[yocto] recipe removing (some)contents of /etc

Oliver urnen81 at yahoo.es
Thu May 14 14:36:31 PDT 2015

> What image are you building?

it is a Freescale iMX6 target, the image name is exactly a fsl-image-qt5 with a playground layer

>> You should probably use this line instead
>>    CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL = "canlogger"

>> There is CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL though which you can add to with += (since
>> there aren't any default items in it, unlike IMAGE_INSTALL).

My understanding these are the preferred options

> > > IMAGE_INSTALL_append = “ canlogger”

But would this still do? (just for my self-learning)

I have other recipes(not *.bbappend) which end up in the image without adding any explicit statement, just the fact of being part of the layer includes them, is there any explanation?

I am still missing something to get the whole picture...

Thanks a lot for the detailed explanations
best Regards
Oliver