[yocto] QEMU support for SD/MMC card

Patrick Doyle wpdster at gmail.com
Tue May 5 05:18:07 PDT 2015

On Tue, May 5, 2015 at 6:40 AM, Burton, Ross <ross.burton at intel.com> wrote:
> On 3 May 2015 at 22:24, Patrick Doyle <wpdster at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Can anybody point me in the direction of running an arm based QEMU
>> with a (simulated) SD/MMC card?
>>
>> From the documentation for QEMU, I see that I can pass a -drive
>> parameter to QEMU with an if=sd option, which sounds (reads?) an awful
>> lot like I can simulate an SD/MMC card.
>>
>> But looking through the Yocto supplied runqemu script, (actually,
>> runqemu-internal) it appears that only supports -hda or -virtio disks.
>

> I've no experience using if=sd, but at the end of the day runqemu is just a
> helper script, you can pass the right arguments to qemu directly or patch
> the script locally.

Thanks Ross.  I've been fiddling with that a bit (a very little bit,
being distracted by other, higher priority tasks), but haven't figured
out the right incantation yet.  I may have to (gasp) look at the
source code :-)  Or maybe the monkey in me will eventually press the
right combination of keys to make it work.  The lazy programmer in me
was hoping somebody would say "Oh yeah, I do that all the time.  I
just blah blah blah".

--wpd