[yocto] package build for raspberrypi for armel not armhf

abhishek srivastava abhishek.embsys at gmail.com
Fri May 1 18:50:05 PDT 2015

Hi all
I want to build armhf package for raspberrypi but bitbake is always giving
me armel packages.
I have made changes in
~/yocto/poky-dizzy-12.0.1/meta-raspberrypi/conf/raspberrypi file at
DEFAULTTUNE ?= "arm1176jzfshf"

I have also changes in
~/yocto/poky-dizzy-12.0.1/meta-raspberrypi/conf/machine/include/tiune-arm1176jzf.inc
file at DEFAULTTUNE ?= "arm1176jzfshf"

Under ~/yocto/build_dizzy/tmp/deploy/deb/raspberrypi, I see all .armel
packages. Why not armhf? please help to get me armhf packages in my image

Is there somewhere else I am supposed to changes to get armhf packages?

Please help

Thank you

Abhishek