[yocto] [YOCTO]: About adding documentation in final SDK image

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Fri Mar 27 07:39:58 PDT 2015

Hi Preeti,

On Thursday 19 March 2015 21:37:31 Preeti P wrote:
> I am working on adding the documents in to my SDK image.
> Basically, I want to have the man and info documentation for the tool-chain
> item in my SDK image.
>
> As per my understanding, the install package for every recipe gets split
> into different packages and finally shipped in to the SDK image.
>
> To add the documents in my SDK image, I tried to add the '-doc' support in
> 'PACKAGES' variable but still the documentation related files are not there
> in the final image.
>
> I even tried by adding below lines in to the do_install function in my
> recipe but my final image does not have those files:
>
> do_install {
>
>                 install -d ${D}${includedir}${doc}
>
>                 install -m 644 ${S}/doc/*.info ${D}${includedir}${doc}
>
> }
>
> Can anyone provide me inputs on how to add the documentation for packages
> in to the final SDK image?

When you say "SDK image" I guess you just mean SDK? If so, I think you'd just
need to add "doc-pkgs" to SDKIMAGE_FEATURES. Since SDKIMAGE_FEATURES is set
with ??= i.e. a soft default, you would need to set the complete value i.e.:

SDKIMAGE_FEATURES = "dev-pkgs dbg-pkgs doc-pkgs"

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton