[yocto] [YOCTO]: About adding documentation in final SDK image

Randy Witt randy.e.witt at linux.intel.com
Thu Mar 26 13:11:12 PDT 2015

Hi Preeti,

On 03/19/2015 09:07 AM, Preeti P wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am working on adding the documents in to my SDK image.
> Basically, I want to have the man and info documentation for the tool-chain
> item in my SDK image.
>
> As per my understanding, the install package for every recipe gets split
> into different packages and finally shipped in to the SDK image.
>
> To add the documents in my SDK image, I tried to add the '-doc' support in
> 'PACKAGES' variable but still the documentation related files are not there
> in the final image.
>
> I even tried by adding below lines in to the do_install function in my
> recipe but my final image does not have those files:
>
> do_install {
>
>                  install -d ${D}${includedir}${doc}
>
>                  install -m 644 ${S}/doc/*.info ${D}${includedir}${doc}
>
> }
>
> Can anyone provide me inputs on how to add the documentation for packages
> in to the final SDK image?

I'm not sure whether you want them in the host sysroot or the target sysroot,
but will either TOOLCHAIN_HOST_TASK or TOOLCHAIN_TARGET_TASK do what you need?

https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/ref-manual/ref-manual.html#var-TOOLCHAIN_HOST_TASK
https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/ref-manual/ref-manual.html#var-TOOLCHAIN_TARGET_TASK