[yocto] How to support arm-none-eabi toolchain for u-boot on Amlogic

Christian Ege k4230r6 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 13:15:15 PDT 2015

Am 19.03.2015 00:35 schrieb "Khem Raj" <raj.khem at gmail.com>:

> On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 12:55 PM, Christian Ege <k4230r6 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > it looks like that Amlogic based devices like the ODROID-C1 [1]
> > requires their u-boot compiled with an arm-none-eabi toolchain. The
> > rest kernel and rootfs is compiled with standard arm eabi toolchain. I
> > am wondering how to support this in yocto/openembedded.
>
> are there any specific reasons for doing that ?
> can it be done by passing -ffreestanding option via CFLAGS
> afterall uboot is a baremetal/standalone app.

I do not know any reason, but all tutorials require a arm-none-eabi
toolchain. Could this be required by the ROM bootloader? Frankly I not
familiar with this eabi none eabi difference. Due to the fact that there is
lack of documentation I have to try if I can build it with eabi toolchain.

Regards,
Christian