[yocto] Automatically include all recipes/packages in a custom layer

Padam Jeet Singh padam.singh at inventum.net
Sat Mar 14 00:21:31 PDT 2015

Hello,

I am trying to build a custom layer on top of core-image-full-cmdline. Basically I did this:

1. Created a new general layer using the yocto-layer command. This also generated a simple hello world recipe.
2. Added that layer in the conf/bblayers.conf BBLAYERS variable.

Then I do a bitbake -v core-image-full-cmdline, and I don’t see /usr/bin/helloworld in the final rootfs.

Then I edit the conf/local.conf and add the following:

IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " example”

and then I can see the helloworld in the rootfs.

Since I will be adding close to 50 recipes in this layer, isn’t there an option where all recipes in that layer are included by default? Even if I have to declare each recipe to be included, is there a place where I can define those in my own layer configuration (layer.conf) rather than local.conf?

Thanks,
Padam