[yocto] Difference b/w yocto kernels and normal linux.org kernels

Raghavendra Kakarla Raghavendra.Kakarla at inedasystems.com
Fri Mar 13 01:14:13 PDT 2015

Hi Paul Eggleton,

Is it kernel is must be a git repository code for building in the yocto?

When i gave my custom kernel which is not a git repository code and it is in my development PC, i got invalid SRCREV number error.
But when give the same kernel from the git repository it is working.
Can you please help me in resolving this error.

Cheers,
Raghavendra K.