[yocto] eclipse-poky: Can't build from Eclipse, but command line build works

Minchev, Todor todor.minchev at intel.com
Thu Mar 12 10:50:29 PDT 2015

On Thu, 2015-03-12 at 13:43 +0000, Bryan Evenson wrote:
> [...]
>

> Invoking autogen.sh in build
> directory: /<home_path>/workspace/adt_test/
>
> Command-line environment variables:
>         CFLAGS=" -g -O0
> --sysroot=/<home_path>/extracted_sysroot_1.6.2" CXXFLAGS=" -g -O0
> --sysroot=/<home_path>/extracted_sysroot_1.6.2" LDFLAGS="
> --sysroot=/<home_path>/extracted_sysroot_1.6.2" CPPFLAGS="
> --sysroot=/<home_path>/extracted_sysroot_1.6.2"
>
> sh -c "/<home_path>/workspace/adt_test/autogen.sh
> --with-libtool-sysroot=/<home_path>/extracted_sysroot_1.6.2
> --target=arm-poky-linux-gnueabi --host=arm-poky-linux-gnueabi
> --build=x86_64-linux
> --with-libtool-sysroot=/<home_path>/extracted_sysroot_1.6.2"
> aclocal: warning: couldn't open directory
> '/<home_path>/extracted_sysroot_1.6.2/usr/share/aclocal': No such file
> or directory
> configure.ac:16: warning: AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE: two- and three-arguments
> forms are deprecated.  For more info, see:
> configure.ac:16:
> http://www.gnu.org/software/automake/manual/automake.html#Modernize-AM_005fINIT_005fAUTOMAKE-invocation
> configure.ac:20: installing './compile'
> configure.ac:20: installing './config.guess'
> configure.ac:20: installing './config.sub'
> configure.ac:16: installing './install-sh'
> configure.ac:16: installing './missing'
> src/Makefile.am: installing './depcomp'
> configure: loading site
> script /<home_path>/poky/meta/site/endian-little
> configure: loading site script /<home_path>/poky/meta/site/arm-common
> configure: loading site
> script /<home_path>/poky/meta/site/common-linux
> configure: loading site
> script /<home_path>/poky/meta/site/common-glibc
> configure: loading site script /<home_path>/poky/meta/site/arm-linux
> configure: loading site script /<home_path>/poky/meta/site/common
> configure: loading site
> script /<home_path>/poky/meta-openembedded/meta-oe/site/endian-little
> configure: loading site
> script /<home_path>/poky/poky-build/tmp/sysroots/at91sam9x5ek/usr/share/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi_config_site.d/ncurses_config
> configure: loading site
> script /<home_path>/poky/poky-build/tmp/sysroots/at91sam9x5ek/usr/share/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi_config_site.d/eglibc_config
> checking for arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-strip...
> arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-strip
> checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... /usr/bin/mkdir -p
> checking for gawk... gawk
> checking whether make supports nested variables... yes
> checking build system type... x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
> checking host system type... arm-poky-linux-gnueabi
> checking how to print strings... printf
> checking for arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc... arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc
> -march=armv5te -marm -mthumb-interwork -mtune=arm926ej-s --sysroot=
> $SDKTARGETSYSROOT
> checking whether the C compiler works... no
> configure: error: in `/<home_path>/workspace/adt_test':
> configure: error: in `/<home_path>/workspace/adt_test':

This is a different error. There seems to be a mismatch between your
toolchain and rootfs. Could you please share the full name of

my_built_image.tar.gz from

runqemu-extract-sdk <my_built_image.tar.gz>
<sysroot_destination_directory>"

> Configuration failed with error
>
> The bold lines are ones that I see as a potential problem.  First, the
> system couldn't find aclocal in my extracted sysroot.  I took a look
> in the directory listed, and aclocal is not in there.  I think the
> configure script also found the build system's install and mkdir
> (/usr/bin/install and /usr/bin/mkdir).  I don't know if there is
> supposed to be one of these in the extracted sysroot or not, but I
> thought it was worth noting.
>
> On a possibly related topic, I noticed that the Eclipse Indexer is
> using the build system's header files.  For example, if I open the
> main source file from the Hellow World application, place my cursor on
> the line "#include <stdlib.h>" and hit F3, /usr/include/stdlib.h opens
> up instead of stdlib.h from my toolchain.  Under the Eclipse project,
> for the listed Includes directories it has the following:
>
> /usr/include
> /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/4.9.2/include
> /usr/local/include

Eclipse is showing the host headers, but it will use the headers from
your sysroot during the actual build.