[yocto] : Build error while building armeb image.

Mark Hatle mark.hatle at windriver.com
Wed Mar 11 08:07:48 PDT 2015

On 3/11/15 7:15 AM, Prashant Purohit wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to boot kernel image for 'armv7ab' using QEMU.
>
> To do the same, I have included the 'tune-arma7.inc' (/meta/conf/machine/include/
> arm/arch-armv7a.inc) and configured DEFAULTTUNE variable to 'armv7ab'.
> But I am not able to build the image for it. I am getting error (compiled for a
> little endian system and target is big endian) while compiling kernel image.
>
> The log for the same is attached with this mail.
> Has anyone faced the same issue previously or has any inputs for it?

Changing just the DEFAULTTUNE does not affect the kernel configuration (only
userspace compilation).  You will need to configure the kernel for the proper
big-endian target to resolve these types of items.  I've not done this on ARM
before, but most likely you'll need to define a new machine file, and associated
configuration fragment(s).

--Mark