[yocto] Adding new library to yocto project

Kfrell snoopp.5.20 at hotmail.fr
Mon Mar 9 11:30:59 PDT 2015

Burton, Ross <ross.burton at ...> writes:

> On 9 March 2015 at 16:50, Kfrell
<snoopp.5.20 at hotmail.fr> wrote:I added
"libxerces" to my bb image by using IMAGE_INSTALL += " libxerces".
> Then, I try to build my image thru bitbake my-image-test and eveything is
> done correctly but libxerces returns some errors :
>
> Packages containing libraries get renamed (by default) depending on the
library name, so just because you called the recipe "libxerces" doesn't mean
the resulting package is called that.

> Have a look in tmp/work/[machine]/libxerces/deploy-* for the packages that
were actually generated, it's probably something like libxerces-c.

> Ross

I had a look in this directory but under
tmp/work/[machine]/libxerces/3.1.1-r1 there is only three folders named
xerces-c-3.1.1, licence-destdir and temp. I checked under
tmp/work/deploy/ipk and nothing is actually created.

I have the following errors :

ERROR: This autoconf log indicates errors, it looked at host include and/or
library paths while determining system capabilities.
Rerun configure task after fixing this.
build/tmp/work/oe-linux-gnueabi/libxerces/3.1.1-r1/xerces-c-3.1.1'
ERROR: Function failed: do_qa_configure
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored
in:build/tmp/work/oe-linux-gnueabi/libxerces/3.1.1-r1/temp/log.do_configure.21943
ERROR: Task 541