[yocto] in kernel manual, should pick another example for KMACHINE

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Thu Mar 5 09:15:10 PST 2015

On Thu, 5 Mar 2015, Rifenbark, Scott M wrote:

> I like Nathan's suggestion for the text.  Can someone explain to me
> though why emenlow is not a good example here?  In the
> linux-yocto_3.14.bbappend file, KMACHINE_emenlow-noemgd is set equal
> to "emenlow".  Isn't this equating emenlow-noemgd and emenlow?  I am
> probably mis-understanding it so I could use some further
> explanation.

  normally, yes, but there *is* only the emenlow-noemgd machine, there
is no longer an emenlow machine. AIUI, there *used* to be both
machines, both using the same KMACHINE value, and that would have been
a perfect example.

  personally, i think it would be more informative if you had two or
more actual machines mapping to the same KMACHINE value, but that's
just me.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca