[yocto] New gst-player

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Wed Mar 4 15:45:01 PST 2015

I like that owl has been replaced by gst-player, but I need
some help figuring out how to get it working :-(  If you ask
it to play something and it doesn't have the appropriate
plugins available, it just sits there and acts stupid (no
error popup, nothing...).  For example, I tried to play a
MP4 file downloaded from YouTube and it complained:
   Now playing /home/root/Vlad+Louise.mp4
   Missing plugin: H.264 decoder
   Missing plugin: MPEG-4 AAC decoder
(those are only the relevant lines which I got by running it
by hand in a terminal window).

Any idea what I need to get installed to play this file?