[yocto] possible "include" flags within .scc files?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Wed Mar 4 01:46:50 PST 2015

  ok, i might need to switch to decaf shortly ...

  wandering through linux-yocto-3.19 git repo, the meta branch,
collecting examples of things to use in class, and ran across this:

http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/linux-yocto-3.19/tree/meta/cfg/kernel-cache/ktypes/standard/standard.scc?h=meta

and the first few lines:

# Note: if only the features are desired, but not the configuration
#       then this should be included as:
#             include ktypes/standard/standard.scc nocfg
#       if no chained configuration is desired, include it as:
#             include ktypes/standard/standard.scc nocfg inherit

  i was unaware of those flags for include lines, "nocfg" and
"inherit"; they're not mentioned anywhere in the kernel dev manual.
but the "inherit" one doesn't seem right, anyway ... i popped over to
kern-tools and looked at the "spp" script, and i see this:

  # if we have a "nocfg" or "nopatch" on the include directive,
  # then we need to set the variables so they'll be passed down to
  # the nested process call

so the spp script seems to indicate there are two valid include flags,
"nocfg" and "nopatch." should these be doecumented somewhere in the
kernel-dev manual? do they have value for yocto developers beyond
being used for defining kernel types?

  and does that standard.scc file need to be corrected to not refer to
a flag named "inherit"?

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca