[yocto] Library not getting installed to intended path

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Thu Jun 4 02:56:07 PDT 2015

On 4 June 2015 at 05:14, Yogesh Tyagi <yogesh.bit2006 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am using yocto 1.6 and I have written a component and written bitbake
> recipe file for this component. When rootfs is created my library is found
> in "/lib" directory but I want it to be installed to "/lib/gstreamer-0.10"
> directory (which is already created by open source gstreamer packages).

The path created by the GStreamer packages is /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10,
unless you've been changing $prefix.

Your Makefile.am should have something like this:

# Plugins go in a subdirectory of libdir
plugindir=$(libdir)/gstreamer-0.10
plugin_LTLIBRARIES=libsomething.la
libsomething_la_SOURCES = something.c
# This is a module not a library, and don't version it
libsomething_la_LDFLAGS = -module -avoid-version

$(libdir) is turned into a real path by configure, and the autotools class
will pass the correct path to use.  Your recipe should then:

inherit autotools
FILES_${PN} = ${libdir}/gstreamer-0.10/*.so

At no point do you need to set libdir yourself, as the autotools class will
pass the right value from your distro configuration to the configure
script, which sets the right value in the Makefile.

Ross