[yocto] Proper use of remove and append

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Wed Jul 22 05:28:25 PDT 2015

I was trying to adjust a PACKAGECONFIG setting in my local.conf,
in this case removing a default value.

This didn't work:
   PACKAGECONFIG_pn-opencv_remove = "libv4l"
but this did:
   PACKAGECONFIG_remove_pn-opencv = "libv4l"

Which is correct (and why)?  The examples in the manual aren't
very helpful with this more complex variable.

What about append?  If I wanted to add a setting to my PACKAGECONFIG
variable, what's the correct way to write that?

Thanks