[yocto] RPM package not to have Requires section

Bipnesh, Abhinav (Abhinav) abhinavbipnesh at avaya.com
Wed Jul 22 05:04:56 PDT 2015

Hi,

I am trying to build an recipe using yocto and post package i.e. RPM build I see a section like below

Requires(post): libdl.so.2
Requires(preun): libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1.3)
Requires(postun): libgcc_s.so.1(GLIBC_2.0)

So how we can tell bitbake not add such dependencies on it own as I have not defined RDEPEND_${PN} section in the recipe. It just have DEPENDS section as we want some other libraries getting build before this package get build.

Also how we can pass %_dbpath as part of the recipe so that it can be created at custom location.

Thanks,

Abhinav