[yocto] Packages in packagegroup are not installed in image

Ng, Mei Yeen mei.yeen.ng at intel.com
Wed Jul 15 10:40:23 PDT 2015

Hi,

I need help for issue where packages in packagegroup that compiles perfectly fine with core-images, but when verified in the image, they are not installed for some reason.
My understanding was that packages listed under RDEPENDS in the packagegroup would get compiled and installed.

Some packages would appear in 1 image and then disappear in the next compiled image.
I'm seeing this when compiling with core-image-full-cmdline and core-image-sato.

I have attached the following package group created:

-        graphics package group- ldd would not be installed in the image

-        build essentials extended package group - gdb were not install, gcc and mkdosfs will intermittently not install into the image

Any help to shed some light on this is very much appreciated.

Thanks,
MY