[yocto] One recipe, two gits with destsuffix, how to patch?

Kalle Komierowski kalle at zapdevelopment.com
Tue Jan 27 02:29:12 PST 2015

Hi again,

I just modified my recipe with the patchdir.
SRC_URI = "
xxxxx.patch;patchdir=backports/

I can see that the patches are copied to the destination where I want them but for some reason they all fail when yocto tries to apply them.
If I go manually to the destination git and type "git am xxxxx.patch" the all apply with no problem, I also tried to "patch -p1 < xxxxx.patch" and that worked to.
Maybe I should play a bit with the striplevel? But I do think that yocto should be able to handle it from the point where I gave it the patchdir=..

BR
-Kalle Komierowski