[yocto] One recipe, two gits with destsuffix, how to patch?

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Mon Jan 26 03:35:11 PST 2015

On Monday 26 January 2015 11:24:50 Kalle Komierowski wrote:
> On January 26, 2015, Paul Eggleton <paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com> wrote:
> > Hi Kalle,
> >
> > On Saturday 24 January 2015 08:34:56 Kalle Komierowski wrote:
> > > I'm working with the ti-compat-wireless recipe.
> > > It contains two gits like this:
> > >
> > > SRC_URI =
> > > "git://git.ti.com/wilink8-wlan/wl18xx.git;branch=${BRANCH_wl18xx};destsu
> > > ffi
> > > x=wl18xx;name=wl18xx \
> > > git://git.ti.com/wilink8-wlan/backports.git;branch=${BRANCH_backports};d
> > > est
> > > suffix=backports;name=backports \ file://wl18xx.patch \
> > >
> > > Now I want to add the wl18xx.patch file, and this file ends up in the S
> > > and
> > > applying it fails since the git it should be applied to is under
> > > S/backports due to the destsuffix.
> > >
> > > I tried to use the quilt and create new patches from the S but they fail
> > > to.
> > >
> > > What would be the correct way of adding a patch so it applies to
> > > backports?
> >
> > You may find the patchdir option for the patch SRC_URI entry to be useful.
> > I should imagine you'll want something like:
> > file://wl18xx.patch;patchdir=../backports
> >

> Thanks Paul!
>
> I was hoping it was as simple as that but I couldn't find info about it.
> Maybe if it was just called destsuffix like when it's used for gits.

destsuffix and patchdir aren't quite the same though - destsuffix controls where
the git repository is unpacked, whereas patchdir is the directory that the
patch is applied in rather than where the patch file itself is written to.

(Oddly, as it happens, patchdir is in the documentation and destsuffix isn't -
Scott, we'll have to take care of that.)

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton