[yocto] Installing a Yocto image on BeagleBone Black MMC

Christian Schultz xxultz at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 04:53:33 PST 2015

I looked at the doc, and it gives the instructions to write the image to
othe SD Card and run from the card. I didn't find yet instructions about
how to write the images to the MMC. For example, I made an image with
Yocto, and from the system, I should create the partitions (for boot and
rootfs), format them, and copy the contents, but my image lacks the
mkfs.vfat and mkfs.ext3, so I didn't figure how to setup the MMC memory to
receive the files.

Can somebody please help me with those steps?

Best regards
Christian