[yocto] Installing a Yocto image on BeagleBone Black MMC

Kevin Hao kexin.hao at windriver.com
Thu Jan 22 18:00:47 PST 2015

On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 09:41:51AM -0200, Christian Schultz wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm new to Yocto, I baked a core-image-minimal and booted it via SD Card on my
> BeagleBone Black. I erased the contents on the MMC in order to boot from SD
> Card.
> I'm searching for instructions on how do I install or flash the MMC with the
> Yocto image I created, in order to boot the image without the SD Card, but I
> can't find how to do it, anyone knows where I can find such instructions?

Have you looked at the README.hardware in yocto? There are steps about how to
flash the SD card in a host environment. You can copy the built images to the
SD card and then use the same steps to flash the eMMC on the target. Please
remember to change the block device to mmcblk1 when you are executing these
commands on target.

Thanks,
Kevin