[yocto] armhf support for meta-raspberrypi

Jens Lucius incnews at jenslucius.de
Sat Jan 17 10:37:40 PST 2015

Am 17.01.2015 um 16:55 schrieb Andrea Benini:

> Is there someone using armhf on it ?

Hello,

This option can be set by using the variable "DEFAULTTUNE", which is
normally set within the machine configuration.

In case of the raspberrypi layer this is located in ./conf/machine.

The DEFAULTTUNE is set in the subdirectory "include" in the file
tune-arm1176jzf-s.inc and is set to "armv6" by default. There is a
discussion going on at the moment if this should be set to "armv6hf" by
default, maybe you could read the mail archive of the last few days.

There are also special tune options available for the raspberrypi in
this file which fits the processor architecture. I am using
"arm1176jzfshf" so far without any problems but I did not do any speed
tests.

Regards,

Jens