[yocto] armhf support for meta-raspberrypi

Andrea Benini andreabenini at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 07:55:14 PST 2015

Hello List,
I'm a newbie yocto user and I decided to subscribe to this list because I'd
like to understand few basic steps related to a specific meta layer.
I'm using it since feb 2014 and I have spent initial months on the
environment itself, it's quite complex if you compare it to other similar
tools I know (openwrt, buildroot, crosstool-ng) but I decided to use it
because I understand its benefits.
I have decided to dedicate some time to a quite popular platform: Raspberry
Pi, I don't think I need to introduce it here... I have seen a meta layer
for it so I decided to give it a spin, after a while I have produced my
image. It works fine but it's currently using armel architecture and I wish
to switch to armhf because the hardware is capable of it (it has a decent
hardware floating point unit).
Don't know if this is the right list where this message could be addressed,
please let me know if I need to send it elsewhere.

meta layer comes from yocto site:
"git clone git://git.yoctoproject.org/meta-raspberrypi"
but I cannot see a mailing list dedicated to it.

Is there someone using armhf on it ?
Thanks in advance for your reply

Regards
Ben