[yocto] can't pull any sources anymore

Anders Darander anders at chargestorm.se
Mon Jan 12 05:03:35 PST 2015

* Matthias.Heise at atlas-elektronik.com <Matthias.Heise at atlas-elektronik.com> [150112 08:22]:
> thanks for your reply, I'm running the "repo init" command as in many tutorials, this is the line :

> repo init -u https://github.com/Freescale/fsl-community-bsp-platform -b dizzy

I've just tried to replicate your steps, and everything works OK.

> after the init I find following in the manifest.xml :

> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <manifest>
>   <default sync-j="4" revision="master"/>
>   <remote fetch="git://git.yoctoproject.org" name="yocto"/>

Look here, git://git.yoctoproject.org, which should be OK.

...SNIP...
> </manifest>

> So you can see it is git.yoctoproject.org as well as others.

> When running repo sync which as I understand it actually pulls the sources I get :

> Fetching project Documentation

> Fetching project poky

> Fetching project repo

> Fetching project meta-fsl-arm-extra

> fatal: Invalid gitfile format: /home/theuser/fsl-community-bsp_NEWTEST/.repo/repo/.git/clone.bundle

> Fetching projects:  12% (1/8)  Fetching project fsl-community-bsp-base

> Fetching projects:  25% (2/8)  Fetching project meta-fsl-arm

> Fetching projects:  37% (3/8)  Fetching project meta-openembedded

> Fetching projects:  50% (4/8)  Fetching project meta-fsl-demos

> error: Failed connect to git.openembedded.org:443; Connection refused while accessing https://git.openembedded.org/meta-openembedded/info/refs

> fatal: HTTP request failed

> Fetching projects:  62% (5/8)  fatal: https://git.yoctoproject.org/poky/info/refs not found: did you run git update-server-info on the server?

Look here, https://git.yoctoproject.org/poky... See that the protocol
has been changed from git to https. Do you have any rules set up that
in your git-configuration that rewrites URLs? The https:// URL should
look like https://git.yoctoproject.org/git/poky/...

When `repo sync` works for me, I'm still getting the git:// URLs.

Cheers,
Anders

--
Anders Darander