[yocto] Atom-pc, usb installation - NO BOOTABLE DEVICE

Simon Bolek simon.bolek at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 11 01:38:16 PST 2015

Chris, Thanks for your hint. In my BIOS there is no way to set such a mode.
However, all of a sudden it had started to boot ok. It was after I reseted
the /dev/sda a couple of times. It is strange and I will try it with
another hardware. I know best how that sounds, when you hear: "i really did
nothing in between", but i really did nothing. I just reseted the disk 3-4
times installing the system from usb every time after reset like this:

1) plug-in usb and choose 'boot' option (boot is automatic, so no TAB
needed at startup)
2) after system booted up, clean target disk with
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sda bs=4M
3) reboot, but this time use TAB to choose 'install' option from USB
4) installing.... (in my case SSD HDD /dev/sda)

5) optional step for me: parted /dev/sda set 1 boot on - as this is not set
by install.sh script

Interesting was that, there is no need to set boot partition for ISO image
in VBox to run fine, but hey! i adjusted initrd and DONE! I can test my
image now!

thank you and best regards
simon :-)